BIO-8514 Advanced ecological statistics - 10 ECTS
Others: Apply for a seat before 1 February. Application code 9305 in SøknadsWeb. Remember to state which course you apply for.
Contact Ingjerd Gauslaa Nilsen (email@example.com) at the BFE-faculty if you have troubles or questions regarding registration to the course.
The course consists of an intensive week of theory, covered in lectures by Prof Michael Greenacre, and related practicals, in pclab sessions by Dr Raul Primicerio using the statistical software R. During the intensive week we will cover a broad range of statistical methods including clustering, Principal Component Analysis (PCA), Correspondence Analysis (CA), Constrained Correspondence Analysis (CCA). The course will also cover statistical modeling and graphic presentation (e.g. dendrograms, biplots).
- Develop ability to critical thinking and increase interpretation skills
- Increase students competence in graphical presentation and statistical analysis
- Be able to present, interpret and statistically evaluate own data
- Be able to choose, use and present results from multivariate analyses
- Be able to specify and apply statistical models
- Be able to use the statistical software R for graphic presentation and statistical analysis of biological data
HOW TO APPLY
PhD students enrolled at UiT register for the course through StudentWeb.
Remember to upload documentation of your education or documentation of your status as a PhD student.