AAT-1002 Experience, Marketing and Sales - 20 ECTS
General value basis
- The course will relate marketing, sales and experience themes to the value basis of respect and consideration for nature and culture.
- Traditional marketing functions: the P's
- Market segmentation
- Consumer behavior; AIDA (Attention-Interest-Desire-Action)
- Tourism consumption
- Production and consumption
- Types and levels of experiences
- The psychological basis for experiences
- Experience settings: indoors and outdoors
- Environmental psychology
- Experience production and design: elements and processes
- Experience and service: storytelling, hospitality and guiding
- Experience production and guest knowledge: markets and marketing
- The experience economy ideology
- Experience products and producers: visits/presentations and an analysis of production connected to content themes
- Sales channels
- B2C, B2B, agents, workshops, etc.
- Value-based pricing
The candidate will gain knowledge of:
- basic concepts, models and theories relating to marketing and sales, particularly relationship marketing; and
- basic concepts, models and theories of experience production.
The candidate will:
- be able to analyze experience products and suggest changes/improvements to existing products;
- be able to develop a presentation, a brochure or an Internet presentation of an experience product; and
- be able to communicate with relevant stakeholders.
The candidate will:
- contribute in processes concerning the development of profitable experience products, marketing and sales, etc.
- contribute with a critical and reflective view of development with regard to sustainability of nature and culture, and the economic viability of destinations.
- One individual written assignment/report
- One group assignment, including a presentation/report
- 70% attendance in all student activities and lectures is required in order to take the exam. Accordingly, the mandatory assignments must be approved before the student can take the exam.
- Individual written home exam. Duration: 14 days.
The written exam, presentations and assignments must be completed in English.
Grading: scale A to E for passed exam, F for failed.
A re-sit exam will be arranged for this course in case of F.