BIO-2010 Marine Ecology - 10 ECTS
Applicants from Nordic countries must have:
Generell studiekompetanse, samt følgende spesielle opptakskrav:
Matematikk R1 eller matematikk S1+S2 og i tillegg ett av følgende programfag:
- Matematikk (R1+R2)
- Fysikk (1+2)
- Kjemi (1+2)
- Biologi (1+2)
- Informasjonsteknologi (1+2)
- Geofag (1+2)
- Teknologi og forskningslære (1+2)
Application code: 9336 (Nordic applicants). It is a requirement that students have some prior knowledge of biology and ecology, chemistry and mathematics. (Participants must have taken introductory level university courses, and achieved pass grades, in these subjects). International applicants: Higher Education Entrance Qualification and certified language requirements in English. It is a requirement that students have some prior knowledge of biology and ecology, chemistry and mathematics. A list of the requirements for the Higher Education Entrance Qualification in Norway can be found on the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education website - nokut.no
- Knowledge of what physical oceanographical parameters regulate marine biomass at different trophic levels.
- Knowledge of how the physical environment regulates/influences marine organisms and communities.
- Knowledge of what separates the different marine food chains in terms of organisms and dynamics.
- Obtain skills in setting up research-logistics and report-writing.
- Have a holistic understanding of marine ecosystems.
- Be able to describe main differences in the marine bitoropes ocean, coast, estuaries etc.
- Shall be able to describe a north-south gradient in marine organism-groups and dynamics.
- Shall be able to judge how industrial pollution of various kinds potentially can influence/change pelagic and benthic communities.
- Shall be able to plan research cruise and prepare good research reports.
Oral exam. A graded scale of five marks from A to E for pass and F for fail. The laboratory course and cruise is mandatory. Two course work requirements: approved cruisereport and approved labreport. In order to sit an examination, the student must complete and gain approval for any coursework requirements.
There will be a re-sit examination for students that did not pass the previous ordinary examination.