BIO-3504 Production and Growth in Polar Areas - 10 ECTS
- Know the size distribution of organisms in the ocean in northern/Arctic regions.
- Know the differences between biomass and production.
- Know the main methods for measuring primary and secondary production.
- Have thorough understand the mechanisms that regulate production in the ocean.
- Know basic population dynamics and understand the models used therein.
Portifolio assessment: One cruisereport, one essay and one oral presentation. The exam will be assessed with a graded scale of five marks from A to E for pass and F for fail. The final grade for the course is based upon a complete evaluation of the various components in the portifolio assessment.
There will be a re-sit examination for students that did not pass the previous ordinary examination.