BED-3029 Idea Evaluation and Strategy - 10 ECTS
The course is divided into two sections:
The first section gives a general overview of idea evaluation, understanding and determining the important assets and features of a specific idea or project, and the clarification of the ownership structure surrounding the idea or project.
The second section deals with strategies for evaluating ideas and exploring their commercial feasibility and preparing for competitive strategies in the market. The section also gives training in how to use early-stage analysis of technological, competitive and market opportunities.
Students who have successfully completed the course have achieved the following learning outcomes:
- has knowledge on concepts and methodology within the field of idea evaluation
- knows the important role of idea evaluations in connection with commercialisation of competence based ideas
- is able to apply the knowledge on a specific idea, and implement idea evaluation by the use of the learned methodology
- is able to communicate and present the idea evaluation including scientific communication
- is able to work in teams with the different phases of an idea evaluation
- is able to use his/her knowledge and skilss for implementing an analysis, evaluation and presentation of a business idea
- is able to communicate the results of the process in a clear and professional way
- is able to perform an assessment of the potential and challenges for business ideas