BIO-3529 Academic skills - 5 ECTS
- communicate research both in written and oral formats
- know the structure of a scientific writing and the writing process
- basic presentation techniques
- critical and ethical use of references and other research material
- prepare and present research results both in written and oral formats in an engaging and understandable way
- learn to give constructive feed-back to your peers on their writing and presentations refine your scientific English skills
- how to conduct scientific searches
- how to use a reference tool (EndNote X6) when writing
- plan, evaluate and edit your own scientific text
- prepare and present a scientific presentation at scientific conferences
- understand the relationship between knowledge and communicating knowledge
1) Pre-work assignment: Make a 10-minute presentation on your master-project. Use how to make scientific presentations - format as far as possible (found on Fronter).
2) Obligatory attendance on 80% of lectures
3) Obligatory attendance in group-work assignments
e) Post-work assignment: Give the presentation to your research-group/the institute/at a workshop or conference. Pass/Fail.