Highlights of the Botanic garden
1. Throughout the Garden you will find charming rowan (Sorbus) species, with berries in different colours, ranging from white through pink to red, and with beautiful autumn coloured foliage. Our largest concentration is in our Himalaya, and most species originate from here and neighbouring China, like Sorbus koehneana in the photo.
2. The Gentian collection! Blue species will be in flower even after the eventual arrival of snow. Search out the Gentiana ternifolia in the Rododendron valley, it is now budding after a long warm summer and is likely to be able to flower this year.
3. North Norwegian Traditional garden plants. Many tall perennials flower here until they get cut down in late autumn. A tiger lily (Lilium lancifolium), collected from a garden i Bodø makes a particularly nice display this autumn.
4. What is almost a meadow of self-seeded Moroccan Toadflax (Linaria maroccana) in our Africa-collection is still at the peak of its flowering.
5. Several species of Geranium are flowering for a long period of time. The longest flowering plant in our garden is probably Geranium subcaulescens in the Alpine collection.