Learn how to use microdata.no
How to get instant access to research data on 10.2 million persons online, for free and without applications.
Trond Pedersen, NSD - Norwegian Centre for Research Data, Johan Sjøberg and Svein Johansen, Statistics Norway, invite you to participate at a hands-on workshop dedicated to the new research service microdata.no.
The service offers instant online access to microdata on the entire Norwegian population without any form for application, and (presently) without costs. Combining lectures and guided scripting, the workshop will get you going on microdata.no, making you familiar with the data content and the built in research tools.
The workshop will take you through
• The content of microdata.no – populations and variables
• How to build your own data sets
• How to describe and analyze the data – with practical excercises
• How to understand the results
• The disclosure control
• The practicalities – sign up, access
The workshop will be held in a datalab, but the participants are free to bring their own computer.
The workshop will be given in English.