Azeem Ahmad, Vishesh Dubey, Vijay Raj Singh, Jean-Claude Tinguely, Cristina Ionica Øie, Deanna L. Wolfson, Dalip Singh Mehta, Peter T. C. So and Balpreet Singh Ahluwalia, "Quantitative phase microscopy of red blood cells during planar trapping and propulsion", Accepted, Lab-on-a-chip, 2018.
Vishesh Dubey, Azeem Ahmad, Rajwinder Singh, Deanna L Wolfson, Purusotam Basnet, Ganesh Acharya, Dalip Singh Mehta, Balpreet Singh Ahluwalia, "Multi-modal chip-based fluorescence and quantitative phase microscopy for studying inflammation in macrophages", Accepted, Optics Express, 2018.
- Lavish Pamwani, Anowarul Habib, Frank Melandsø, Balpreet Singh Ahluwalia, Amit Shelke,"Single-Input and Multiple-Output Surface Acoustic Wave Sensing for Damage Quantification in Piezoelectric Sensors", Accepted, Sensors, 2018
- Ida S. Opstad, Deanna L. Wolfson, Cristina I. Øie, Balpreet S. Ahluwalia, “Multi-color imaging of sub-mitochondrial structures in living cells using structured illumination microscopy”, Accepted, Nanophotonics, 2018.
- Marcel Lahrberg, Mandeep Singh, Kedar Khare, Balpreet Singh Ahluwalia, “Accurate estimation of the illumination pattern’s orientation and wavelength in sinusoidal structured illumination microscopy”, Applied optics, 57 (5), 1019-1025, 2018.
- Cristina I Øie, Viola Mönkemöller, Wolfgang Hübner, Mark Schüttpelz, Hong Mao, Balpreet S Ahluwalia, Thomas R Huser, Peter McCourt, “New ways of looking at very small holes–using optical nanoscopy to visualize liver sinusoidal endothelial cell fenestrations”, Nanophotonics, 7, 575, 2018.
- JC Tinguely, ØI Helle, BS Ahluwalia, "Silicon nitride waveguide platform for fluorescence microscopy of living cells", Optics Express 25 (22), 27678-27690, 2017
Robin Diekmann#, Øystein I. Helle#, Cristina I. Øie, Peter McCourt, Thomas R. Huser, Mark Schüttpelz and Balpreet S. Ahluwalia, "Chip-based wide field-of-view nanoscopy", Nature Photonics, 11 (5), 322-328, 2017.
- Rajwinder Singh, Deanna Wolfson, Vishesh Dubey, Azeem Ahmad, Ganesh Acharya, Dalip Mehta, Purusotam Basnet, Balpreet Ahluwalia, "Inflammatory response of macrophages and trophoblasts investigated using structured illumination microscopy and quantitative phase microscopy", Placenta 57, 333, 2017
- Balpreet S. Ahluwalia, "High-resolution optical nanoscopy of placental cells", Placenta 57, 238-239, 2017
Balpreet S Ahluwalia, Øystein I Helle, Olav G Hellesø, “Rib waveguides for trapping and transport of particles”,Optics Express 24 (5), 4477-4487, 2016
Sanat Wagle, Adit Decharat, Anowarul Habib, Balpreet S. Ahluwalia and Frank Melandsø, “Evaluation of adhesive-free crossed-electrode poly(vinylidene fluoride) copolymer array transducers for high frequency imaging”, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 55, 7S1, 2016
Øystein, Ivar Helle, Balpreet Singh Ahluwalia,
Olav Gaute, Hellesø, "
Optical transport, lifting and trapping of micro-particles by planar waveguides", Opt Express.
, 23(5), 2015.
S. M. Lindecrantz, J.-C. Tinguely, B. Singh Ahluwalia, O. G. Hellesø", Sensitivity of a Mach-Zehnder interferometer made with shallow rib waveguides", J. Eur. Opt. Soc.- Rapid, 10, 15020 (2015).
- Balpreet Singh Ahluwalia*, Peter McCourt, Ana Oteiza, James S. Wilkinson, Thomas R. Huser and Olav Gaute Hellesø, “Squeezing red blood cells with the evanescent field of an optical waveguide to monitor cell deformability during blood storage”, Analyst,140, 223-229, 2015.
- Løvhaugen, Pål; Ahluwalia, Balpreet Singh; Huser, Thomas Rolf; Hellesø, Olav Gaute. Serial Raman spectroscopy of particles trapped on a waveguide. Optics Express 2013; Volum 21 (3). ISSN 1094-4087.s 2964 - 2970.s doi: 10.1364/OE.21.002964.
- C A. Changou, D L. Wolfson, B S Ahluwalia, R J. Bold, H-J Kung, F Y. S. Chuang, “Quantitative Analysis of Autophagy using Advanced 3D Fluorescence Microscopy”, Jour. of Visualized Experiments, In Press 2012.
- Olav Gaute Hellesø, Pal Løvhaugen, Ananth Z. Subramanian, James S. Wilkinson and Balpreet Singh Ahluwalia*, “Surface transport and stable trapping of particles and cells by an optical waveguide loop”, Lab-on-a-chip, 2012, In press DOI: 10.1039/c2lc40375g,
- Balpreet Singh Ahluwalia, P Løvhaugen, and O. G. Hellesø, "Waveguide trapping of hollow glass spheres," Opt. Lett. 36, 3347-3349 (2011).
- B. S. Ahluwalia, Peter McCourt, Thomas Huser and Olav Gaute Hellesø, “Optical Trapping and propulsion of red blood cells on waveguide surfaces”, Optics Express, 18, 21053 (2010).
- B. P. S. Ahluwalia, Ananth Z. Subramanian, Olav Gaute Hellesø, Nicolas M. B. Perney, Neil P. Sessions and James S Wilkinson, “Fabrication of sub-micron high refractive index tantalum pentoxide waveguides for optical propulsion of microparticles”, Photonics Technological Letters, 20757, (2009).
- S. Vasudevan, George C. K. Chen, and B. P. S. Ahluwalia, "Integration of laser trapping for continuous and selective monitoring of photothermal response of a single microparticle," Optics Letters. 33, 2779-2781 (2008).
- B. P. S. Ahluwalia, X.-C. Yuan, K. J. Moh, and J. Bu, "Experimental transfer of torque induced by localized polarization of radially polarized vector beams to anisotropic micro-particles", Applied Physics Letters, 91, 171102(2007).
- B. P. S. Ahluwalia, X.-C. Yuan, et. al. ,“Tolerance of microfabricated wedge for the generation of geometrical stable optical vortex at focal vicinity”, Applied Physics Letters, 90, 091115, (2007).
- X.-C. Yuan, B. P. S. Ahluwalia, et. al., “Generation of high-quality optical vortex beams in free-space propagation by microfabricated wedge with spatial filtering technique”, Applied Physics Letters, 91, 051103 (2007).
- X.-C. Yuan, B. P. S. Ahluwalia et. al., “Wavelength-scalable micro-fabricated wedge for generation of optical vortex beam in optical manipulation”, Applied Physics B, 86, 209-213, (2007).
- J. Lin, X.-C. Yuan, J. Bu, B. P. Ahluwalia, Y. Y. Sun, R. E. Burge, “Selective generation of high-order optical vortices from a single phase wedge”, Optics Letters, 32, 2927-2929, (2007).
- X.-C. Yuan , B. P. S. Ahluwalia, W.C. Cheong, J. Bu, H. B. Niu and X. Peng, “Direct electron beam writing of kinoform micro-axicon for generation of propagation-invariant beams with long non-diffracting distance”, Journal of Optics A, 9, 329, (2007)
- J. Bu, J. Lin, K. J. Moh, B. P. S. Ahluwalia, H. L. Chen, X. Peng, H. B. Niu and X. C. Yuan, “3D optical vortices generated by micro-optical elements and its novel applications”, Optoelectronics Letter 3, 136-140, (2007)
- B. P. S. Ahluwalia, W. C. Cheong, et. al., "Design and fabrication of double-axicon for the generation of tailorable self-imaged three-dimensional intensity voids, Optics Letters, 31, 987, (2006)
- B. P. S. Ahluwalia, X.-C. Yuan, S. H. Tao, W. C. Cheong, L. S. Zhang, and H. Wang., "Micro-manipulation of high and low indices microparticles using a microfabricated double-axicon", 99, 113104, Journal of Applies Physics, (2006).
- K. J. Moh, X.-C. Yuan, W. C. Cheong, L. S Zhang, J. Lin, B. P.S. Ahluwalia and H. Wang, "High power efficient multiple optical vortices in a single beam generated by a kinoform type spiral phase plate", Applied Optics, Appl. Opt. 45, 1153-1161 (2006).
- B. P. S. Ahluwalia, X.-C. Yuan, S. H. Tao, J. Bu, H. Wang, X. Peng, and H. B. Niu, "Microfabricated-composite-hologram-enabled multiple channel longitudinal optical guiding of microparticles in nondiffracting core of a Bessel beam array", Applied Physics Letters, 87, 084104, (2005).
- B. P. S. Ahluwalia, X.-C. Yuan and S. H. Tao, “Evolution of composite off-axis vortexes embedded in the propagation-invariant beams”, Optics Communication, 247, 1, (2005).Citation: - 1
- W.C. Cheong, B. P. S. Ahluwalia, et. al. "Fabrication of efficient micro-axicon by direct electron beam lithography for long non-diffracting distance of Bessel beams for optical manipulation", Applied Physics Letters, 87, 024104-1 (2005).
- W M Lee, B P S Ahluwalia, X-C Yuan, W C Cheong and K Dholakia., "Optical steering of high and low index microparticles by manipulating an off-axis vortex”, Journal of Optics A, 7, 1-6 (2005). Citation: -20
- S. H. Tao, X.-C. Yuan and B. P. S. Ahluwalia, “Generation of an array of nondiffracting beams by a single composite computer generated hologram”, Journal of Optics A, 7, 40 (2005).
- B. P. S. Ahluwalia, X.-C. Yuan, S. H. Tao., “Generation of self-imaged optical bottle beam”,Optics Communication 238, 177-184 (2004).
- B. P. S. Ahluwalia, X.-C. Yuan, S. H. Tao, “Transfer of ‘pure’ on-axis spin orbital angular momentum to the absorptive particle using self-imaged optical bottle beam”, Optics Express, 12, 5172, (2004).