MSc in Biotechnology Ole Christian Hagestad (NFH) will Thursday 17 June 2021 at 12:15 defend his thesis for the PhD degree in Natural Science:
"Bioprospecting of marine fungi from the High Arctic: A study of high latitude marine fungi from understudied taxa; bioactivity potential, taxonomy and genomics"
- Associate Professor Gaëtan Burgaud, University of Bretagne Occidentale, France (1. opponent)
- Lecturer Dr Mostafa Rateb, University of the West of Scotland, UK (2. opponent)
- Professor Mette Svenning, Department of Arctic and Marine Biology (internal member and leader of the committee)
- Associate Professor Teppo Rämä, NFH
- Professor Jeanette Hammer Andersen, NFH
- Professor Espen Hansen, NFH
- Researcher Bjørn Altermark, Department of Chemistry, UiT
Opposition ex auditorio
If you have any questions for the candidate during the public defence, please send an e-mail to the committe leader Mette Svenning (email@example.com) before 13:15 on the disputation day. The questions will be announced to the candidate when the opponents have finished their examination.
Both the defence and the trial lecture will be streamed and recorded from this web site: https://mediasite.uit.no/Mediasite/Catalog/Full/cb41372768384a79887e34d1be11280421
The thesis is available here: https://munin.uit.no/handle/10037/21270
NB: Due to the Corona pandemic only a small group of invited guests are allowed to be present in the auditorium.