REI-3502 Sustainable tourism development in Northern environment - 10 ECTS
The course objectives: To familiarize students with theory and knowledge related to sustainable tourism development in Northern environments.
- The phenomena of northern tourism.
- The place of sustainable northern tourism within globalization and climate change.
- The socio-cultural dimensions of northern tourism.
- Critically evaluating why the phenomena of northern tourism should be studied.
- Identify the implications of northern tourism for indigenous cultures.
- Evaluating the implications of northern tourism as related to local communities and resources.
- Critically examine governance aspects of northern tourism.
- Critical skills in synthesizing the material read.
- Participation in master¿s level discussion of the course materials.
- Developing research and writing skills to a Master¿s level.
Lectures Autumn 2016