|Skriv ut||Lukk vindu|
RUS-3042 Practical Russian 2 - 5 stp
The course is administrated by
Type of course
Required previous qualifications/courses:
A Bachelor's degree with intermediate courses (90 ECTS) in Russian.
Objective of the course
After completing the course the students should have the following knowledge and abilities:
Knowledge and understanding:
- you will learn about complex grammatical constructions in Russian
- you will learn about the stylistic techniques that characterize various genres
- you will acquires a better practical Russian proficiency (orally and in writing), and deeper knowledge of Russian grammar
- you will be able to translate advanced texts into Russian and discuss current events in Russian
- you will be able to carry out oral presentations in Russian
Language of instruction
Teaching consists of approximately 2-3 hours per week for 13 weeks
Coursework Requirements: Students are required to attend at least 70 % of the classes. 70 % translation assignments must have been submitted by the given weekly deadline and must have received a pass, and one oral presentation of approx. 10 to15 minutes must have been completed with a pass during the semester.
The examination is an oral test which consists of a conversation with the texts on the syllabus as a starting point.
Performance in the course is assessed with pass/fail, provided that the coursework requirements have been completed.
A re-sit examination is offered in the event of a fail or an F-grade. The deadline to register for re-sit examination is January 15th for the autumn semester and August 15th for the spring semester.
PowerPoint-presentations and other materials handed out in class.
Lectures Spring 2012
This course follows the same schedule as RUS-3040 and RUS-3045. For schedule: see RUS-3040.
First lecture: Monday 16th of January at 1215 SVHUM E2004
Oral examination: week 23.