4h Laboratory Skills Course for Translational Science on Cartilage Repair: Hands-on and Lectures.Når: 10.09.2012 08:00 - 12.09.2012 16:00
Når: 10.09.2012 08:00 - 12.09.2012 16:00
Hvor: Faculty of Health Sciences, UiT, MH-Building
The ICRS International Cartilage Research Society and the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Tromsø welcome participants to the following course:
4h Laboratory Skills Course for Translational Science on Cartilage Repair: Hands-on and Lectures.
Place: Faculty of Health Sciences, UiT, MH-Building
Dates: 10th-12th September 2012
- Cartilage physiology and repair
- How to conduct proper Clinical trials
- Assessments of cartilage quality by histomorphology
- Animal models in cartilage repair
- Use and isolation of articular chondrocytes
- Use and isolation and of bone-marrow, adipose tissue and umbilical cord stem cells
- Proteomics in cartilage research
- Genomics in cartilage research
- Genes and prtoeins determination suitable for cartilage research.
The course is open to all interested individuals coursing Master degree, PhD degree, medical doctors or scientists at any level with interest in the topic of cartilage, joints and orthopedics. Attendance to lectures is free but to obtain a diploma/certificate registration must be completed. Upon registration participants will be eligible for accessing both theoretical and practical sessions, 3 coffee breaks, 3 lunches, course dinner at “Fjellheisen”, the main program and a complete laboratory manual including protocols, summary of lectures and literature sources.
Interested persons should contact the local organizers within September 3rd
Prof. Inigo Martinez (IKM): email@example.com
Ass. Prof. Martin Polacek (UNN): firstname.lastname@example.org
Ansvarlig: Åshild Strømmesen