Universitetet i Tromsø
970 422 528
How to submit your Master's Thesis in Munin
Munin is the institutional repository of the University of Tromsø, where the university's scientific results and graduate theses may be found. The university offers all students the opportunity to publish their Master's Thesis in this archive. Independent of whether you wish your thesis published or not, it must be submitted electronically through the Munin portal.
Instructions on how to hand in your thesis
1. Within two weeks after starting on your thesis, an application for approval of contract of supervision must be filled out and delivered to your student adviser. Application form is available on the faculty's web-pages.
2. The thesis must be handed in through the university's institutional repository Munin, within the deadline given by the department in connection with approval of contract of supervision. The deadline expires at midnight, but the working hours for support personnel end at 3 p.m., after which the faculty cannot provide any assistance.
3. The thesis must be submitted in PDF format. When published, the file name will appear to the public and should for this reason be “thesis.pdf”. Additional files, if any, should be given a neutral name.
4. Edit your thesis for double-sided printing. Insert blank pages whenever needed, so that each chapter starts at uneven page numbers (right page).
5. Contact your student adviser if you plan to hand in a CD-ROM or anything else attached to your thesis.
6. You must send the final title of your thesis to your student adviser by e-mail, at the latest 3 days before submitting your thesis. Be very careful to send the title exactly as it will appear on the front page of your thesis, as the title will be copied to appear on your diploma and transcript of records.
7. When handing in your thesis, you will be asked by Munin to fill in an abstract and define some key words. When searching in Munin, your thesis will then be easier to find. Your supervisor may help you find relevant key words.
8. After submitting your thesis in Munin, there are no possibilities to make changes to your thesis. Please be very careful and accurate when editing and submitting your thesis. This is your own responsibility. If needed, a list of errata can later be submitted in Munin.
9. After handing in your thesis, it will be sent electronically to the examination committee and the printing office. The thesis is printed in 15 copies free of charge, out of which at least 6 are kept by the faculty for different purposes. Remaining copies will be sent to your address. Please keep your address updated on studentweb.
10. The thesis is published in Munin as soon as it is approved by the examination committee and the faculty. If you do not want your thesis to be published, you may reserve yourself from publication when submitting your thesis. If your thesis should be rejected, it will not be published.
Cover page template for your thesis
You should use the cover page template that you find on this web-page. Instructions on how to use the template are included in the template itself.