Kielland, Ingrid Marie
2003: Master of Human Geography (M.phil) from the University of Oslo, specializing in Political Geography. My Master's Thesis explored political and organizational practices among impoverished fishermen in a Sri Lankan coastal village.
2004-2006: University Lecturer/Assistant Teacher at the Department of Planning and Local Communities Studies, University of Tromsø. Taught Interdiciplinary and Human Geography courses at Bachelor and Master Level. Topics included municipal planning, regional development and regional identity constructions in Northern Norway.
Since 2006: PhD-student/Research Fellow at CEPIN (Citizenship, Encounters and Place Enactment in the North), University of Tromsø.
The theme of the PhD-project is constructions of place and citizenship in connection to place branding. The empirical focus is on Tromsø, the largest town and regional centre of Northern Norway, and its bid for hosting the 2018 Olympic Winter Games. The research will explore how citizenship and place is represented and negotiated through the local debate over the Olympic bid. One basic premise of the project is that place and citizenship are seen constitutive and constructive of each other. This means that changing perceptions of place will have repercussions on how citizens conceive their citizenship, and vice versa. The debate about Tromsø's bid for the Olympics can thus be seen as a struggle between different histories and visions of the town and of the Northern Norwegian region, while at the same time producing and reproducing understandings about the citizens of Tromsø, their identity, interests, rights and duties. Some opening questions for analysis of the debate will be: Who are included and excluded in these place constructions, how are the town's borders of influcence and responsibilities defined, what kind of futures are produced, and how is the relationship between society and nature represented?
Arbeider i CRIStin
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie. Stories about the Environment and Tromsø's would-be Olympic Bid. 2011 ISBN 978-82-8244-045-5.s 27 - 49.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie. The politics of place and emotions in Tromsø´s Olympic debate. 2010 ISBN 978-82-8244-027-1.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie; Nilsen, Trond. Mestring og transformasjoner. 2004.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie; Nilsen, Trond. Innledning. 2004.s 1 - 8.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie. Hvordan analysere marginaliserte aktørers politiske og organisatoriske praksis?. 2004 ISBN 82-91528-07-1.s 65 - 75.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie. Narrating environmentalisms - The Olympic debate in Tromsø. Nordic Geographer's Meeting 2011 2011-05-24 - 2011-05-27 2011.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie. Vi er alle muslimer. Dagavisen Nordlys 2011.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie. Sense and sensibility - the emotional politics of qualitative research. Praxis - seminar 2010-06-09 - 2010-06-09 2010.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie. En vill og vakker miljøvisjon for Tromsø. Åpent møte 2009-02-25 - 2009-02-25 2009.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie. OL-debatten i Tromsø - Rom for stedsrepresentasjoner?. Fagseminar ved IPL 2009-06-05 - 2009.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie. En vill og vakker miljøvisjon. Dagavisen Nordlys 2009.s 3 - 3.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie. Politics of place and the Olympic debate in Tromsø. Departmental seminar series 2009-11-26 - 2009.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie. Citizens constructing place. Olympic stories in Tromsø. The Right to the City 2008-10-11 - 2008-10-15 2008.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie. Med havet som nabo. Kystnære samfunn i Sør- og Sørøst-Asia, med fokus på Sri Lanka.. Foredrag i serie, knyttet til Tsunamien i Sørøst-Asia 2005-01-16 - 2005-01-16 2005.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie; Nilsen, Trond. Arctic Olympic Magic and Liquid Natural Gas – New Representations of Nature in the North. ‘Globalization from Below? Localized Transformations in a Northern Perspective’ 2005-04-25 - 2005-04-29 2005.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie; Nilsen, Trond. Transformasjoner i Hammerfest. Feltkursrapport nr 29/2004.. 2004.s 1 - 8.
- Kielland, Ingrid Marie; Haga, Maria. Tromsø - en by for deg, en by for meg?. Nordlys 2004. ISSN 0805-5440.s 3 - 3.